The capacity of a battery tells you how much charge
it can store.Some rechargeable AA
batteries for example
are rated with a capacityof 2,900mAh (=2.9Ah). This means
that they can theoretically provide a current of 2.9A for
one hour, 1.45A for two hours, or290mA for ten hours.
In reality batteries do not respond in such a linear way
- a 2,900mAh
battery would not provide29mA for 100 hours,
nor 2,900mA for one hour under normal operating conditions.
A more conservative output would be more
Use the stated capacity in mAh as a guide only.
A Lead Acid jelly battery with a rating of 4Ah theoretically
supply 4 amps for 1 hour or 1amp for 4 hours. If the battery
was used intermittantly and supplied only 1 amp it is likely that it
would supply 1 amp for a
total of more than 4 hours.
As I say use these figures as a guide.
If your motors require 5 amps then don't expect a 1Ah battery to
last 12 minutes because it won't. Better to use a minimum of 7aH
battery and probably get just over an hour out of it.
use of batteries when out sailing gives a longer overall
sailing time. Give the battery time to rest every 10 mins or so.
Mtroniks Viper Marine Speed Controller
When Motor will only run in one direction
01. Ensure Radio Set is switched off.
02. Remove speed control lead from receiver.
03. Turn on power at speed controller switch.
04. The red
light should now show on your speed controller.
05. Press the button down on the speed controller for 2 secs.
06. Then press
the button down four times,hold for 1 second on each press.
07. Allow speed controller LEDS to run through a sequence of flashing.
08. Once the flashing has stopped you should have a solid red light showing.
09. Refit speed controller lead to receiver.
10. You are now ready run on factory settings.
In the event you still have problems phone Mtroniks technical department
help line on